June 28, 2011

Let The Journey Begin...

So....in a million years I never thought I would be starting a blog. BUT....in a million years I never thought I would be living in Minnesota either. So, I have officially decided....never say NEVER!!

As our family has been transplanted from the safe, warm, beautiful confines of Florida...away from family, friends and the only existence Faith has ever known, I'm feeling overwhelmed, hopeful, contemplative, tearful and grateful.....typically all at the same time!!

As this new chapter of our family's life unfolds, I've decided to capture the experience (the good, the bad and the ugly!!) in words and pictures for myself, our family and our friends......who may be geographically far away from us, but who are always close in our hearts!!

The title for our blog "Home Is Where Our Story Begins" comes from a little sign at the home of our new friends, Nancy and Mark. These wonderful, wonderful people have opened their hearts and home to us as we are transitioning to Minnesota and are such a shining example of a kind, generous, loving, Christian family.

Being uprooted from life as we have come to know it, has forced me to find something to grasp onto...something familiar, something comfortable, something solid. As I stare into the eyes of my giggling daughter who is wrapping herself up in toilet paper as I type, I realize my home does not consist of four walls and some rooms. Nope...our home consists of four people: Dave, Faith, myself and God (who has made this all possible). So, in the end, it doesn't matter where God takes us on our journey through life, my comfort lives in the truth that my "home" will always be with me....and me with it (or them)!!

Let the journey begin...


No comments:

Post a Comment